Friday 24 June 2011

Priscilla Tonman V

Morning Glory
The next morning was a surprisingly warm one. I put on my Armani Exchange J22 Vintage Striped Denim Leggings and my favorite sweater vest from L.L.Bean, and headed towards breakfast. On the way to the door, there was yet another envelope that had been slotted in. I picked it up, and the letter said, “The University Cottage Club is proud to offer you a place at the exclusive eating club. Should you accept this place, please return the enclosed card to the President of the University Cottage Club by midnight tonight. Without the card, your membership offer is void. Welcome to the food, the family and the future!”
J22 - Light Destruction Denim LeggingI had to admit, I was ecstatic. I told myself this should not be that exciting, but it was. The prospect of being able to tell my family and friends I was accepted into the eating club was exciting. I was dying to know if Laura had gotten in, but I didn’t want to upset her more if she didn’t. I grabbed a cereal bar and decided to go straight to class. This morning was off to a good start.
After my third and final class of the day, I decided to find Eric and give him the acceptance card. I suppose this was part of the test, because if I had not met Eric, I wouldn’t have known who he was. In fact, I still didn’t know anything about him other than he was a junior. I decided to ask Tommy and ask him while I told him I got in to  Cottage. I called him, and after two rings, he picked up and chirped, “Bongiorno, my Priscila.” I laughed. “Hi Tommy, are you busy to talk?” I asked, knowing he was really busy all the time. “Never for you, dear one.” Tommy said flirtatiously. That player.
“Good, I wanted to let you know I got into Cottage, and I’m accepting.” I went straight to the point. He went silent, and I could almost feel him looking at the phone with incredulity.
“You are… accepting?” he asked, unsure he heard right.
“Yup. I mean, what have I got to lose? You know how I feel about our campus food, and I think it’d be fun!” I replied brightly. He didn’t need to be such a Debbie Downer, I had my own doubts, thank you very much.
“Oh. Well. congratulations, Pris,” he said quietly.
“Thanks Tommy. I was wondering if you knew Eric Williams? He’s the President of Cottage and he’s also a junior, so I thought I’d ask you, seeing as you know everyone,” I asked.
“Oh, I know Eric Williams,” Tommy said, sounding like he was gritting his teeth. “And no, I do not know where he is, nor do I care to know. Anyway, I can’t say this is unexpected. I gotta go. I have to work. Bye.” Tommy hung up on my abruptly. HELLO? I thought. That was just mean. I thought he’d be happy for me!
I rolled my eyes and pouted all the way to Cottage, where I thought I’d try. At least if Eric wasn’t there, someone who knew him would. I kept thinking of why Tommy was so angry. Was he mad that I wouldn’t be able to try for Tiger Inn now? Or was he mad because he hated Eric? Or maybe both?
I knocked on the door, and lo and behold, Eric opened the door. His face brightened when he saw me. Well, at least someone was happy to see me. “Priscilla! A sight for sore eyes,” he declared. “Please, come in!” He ushered me inside, and I saw a few Cottagers (was that even a term? I can't believe I am such a noob) seated around the room, reading or talking to each other.
“What can I do you for?” he smiled. He brought me to the kitchen, and I saw that the legends were true. The kitchen was huge, with all types of plates, pots and pans on the marble kitchen tops. It smelled lovely too. The refrigerator was enormous and state-of-the-art looking. It could store my whole month of food consumption in there, definitely.
Mania for Men Perfume 1.7 EDT Spray Armani Men“I have come to return the card,” I said, and pulled out the acceptance card. “Wonderful! I hope you have accepted?” he asked me simultaneously while pulling open the card. “Yes! You have! Oh, I am delighted, Priscilla,” he grabbed my hand and laughed merrily. His hair flopped adorably around his eyes. “Welcome to Cottage!” he enveloped me in a warm and gentle hug. I hugged him back, and noticed he had a fresh yet sexy, masculine cologne on. I am guessing it was Armani Mania. I loved it. I loved it almost as much as I loved Tommy’s Ralph Lauren Blue. I, of course, was the one who bought it for Tommy for Christmas.
Polo Blue Ralph Lauren for men“Tonight, we’ll begin initiation. This is going to be very, very fun,” he promised, with a hint of mischief in his eyes. He nudged me and said, “I hope you’re ready, my beautiful one. Because tonight, it will be no guts, no glory. No pain, no gain!” He laughed.
If it was called initiation, why did I feel like it was the end?

No comments:

Post a Comment